You and the information you provide to us are extremely important to Jennings. Therefore we endeavour to do all that we can to respect and protect this at all times. Information you share, helps us provide the best possible service to you. This policy highlights how we achieve this.
Your personal information
This policy covers Jennings use of personal information that Jennings collects when you use www.jennings.co.uk and other channels of communication.
Jennings is the controller of the personal data that you provide to us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to maintaining the security of your data and respecting your privacy rights. We will handle your data fairly and legally. We are transparent about the data we collect and how we use it.
What data we collect
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. typically name, company and email address) in order to contact Jennings. Your correspondence and communication with Jennings, such as contact details including postal address and telephone numbers and any publicly available information may also be stored.
How we use your data
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Jennings to provide you with information you require. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information Jennings will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet best practice. We do not collect any special or sensitive information.
If you provide the email address of a third party to Jennings, we understand that you have permission to use this email address.
We may use your personal information to:
- provide services to you
- provide our website to you
- send you non-marketing commercial communications
- send you our email newsletters (you can unsubscribe at any time)
- send you marketing communications relating to our business (you can unsubscribe at any time)
- for market research purposes to better understand your needs
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
What we do with it
When you supply any personal information to us we have legal obligations in the way we use this data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else.
All personal data we collect is processed by our UK staff. We use storage and processing systems that are hosted in other countries.
In order to make certain services available to you we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT and marketing service providers. They can only use your data to provide services to Jennings and to you, and for no other purpose.
How we protect your data
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Your data is stored in a secure, password-protected environment. We use security controls that protect the entire Jennings IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
How long we keep your data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use or are interested in the services we provide. Different retention periods apply for different types of data. We review contact information that we hold and delete it from our systems if we find that you are no longer interested in our services.
You have a number of rights over your personal information, including:
- The right to access the data we hold on you
- The right to correct or update this data
- The right, in certain circumstances, to have the data deleted, where we no longer have a legal reason to retain it, or after a set retention period
- The right to opt out of marketing communications
- The right to inform us if you feel your information is being used in an inappropriate way
- The right to receive a downloaded file of the personal information we hold
If you wish to exercise any if these rights please email hello@Jennings.co.uk Note that provision of your personal information is subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
If you request that we cease to use your data, this may prevent us from providing the contracted services to you.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Links to other web sites included on www.Jennings.co.uk do not imply any endorsement, validation or responsibility by Jennings as to the content or privacy policies of such sites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
In general, any information you provide to Jennings will only be used within Jennings. Your information will be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law.
Cookies are also used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing data to help us understand how you use our services so we can improve them
Information collected includes:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address)
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication) and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us
Use of third-party cookies
We use Google Analytics software to help us improve the usability of our website. The type of information gathered relates to the amount of time spent on the website and the pages visited. We also use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These cookies gather website visitor data (such as age, gender, and interests) to optimise website content and marketing and do not collect any personally identifiable information.
In general the website may not operate properly with cookies disabled. Our cookies don't give us or anyone else access to your personal data. We advise you to keep cookies enabled. However, you can choose to reject cookies by changing your browser settings to delete and reject cookies. How to do this depends on the browser you use. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.