Information, Guidance & Useful Links To Support Businesses
There is a lot of information available which changes quickly and often. We’ll do our best to update this page as regulary as we can.
Over the last 2 months we’ve shared quite a few links, guides, contacts and ideas via a regular email bulletin to all our tenant businesses.
Government Initiatives & Support:
A package of Government measures to support businesses is updated regularly.
The link with more info is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
A number of Grant Schemes are still available.
- Discretionary Top-Up Grant – www.svbs.co.uk/top-up-scheme/?emb_track=UUJ3cEZ1SlNMZkEyZWk3S0NHUT0
- Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Grant – www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-business-support-grant-funding-guidance-for-businesses
- Small Business Grant – www.svbs.co.uk/small-business-grant-scheme/
Many High Street banks are offering loan schemes, these are Government backed and with favourable terms.
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme – www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-coronavirus-bounce-back-loan
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme – www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-the-coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-scheme or www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-schemes/bounce-back-loans/
There are many support services available. These are some we feel we can particularly recommend
- South & Vale Business Support: www.svbs.co.uk/
- Graham Ballantyne of UK Business Mentoring can be reached on: email@example.com
- OxLEP is offering various avenues of support & guidance; webinars, mentoring, signposting: www.oxfordshirelep.com/coronavirus or www.oxfordshirelep.com/our-support-and-events
- B Corp have a very useful Business Resource Hub: www.bcorporation.uk/business-resources-covid-19
Guidance & Email Updates:
There are plenty of ways to find information and stay updated. Here are two of the most useful we’ve found:
- Gov.UK – www.gov.uk/email-signup?link=/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- South & Vale Business Support https://www.svbs.co.uk/coronavirus-guidance-and-support/ and to join their email list: www.svbs.co.uk/?emb_track=UUJ3cEZ1SlNMZkEyZWkvUENHUT0
On Furlough? Why Not Volunteer & help others:
- Team Oxford & Aspire have a link for volunteering here: ow.ly/vv3M50z7u2B
- Become a Furlonteer here: www.furlonteer.com/
The following is useful for employees:
Furloughed Workers, Statutory Sick Pay, Claiming Benefits (such as Universal Credit) and more:
The Money Advice Service:
This has some very useful advice on money matters, travel and sick pay/benefits for staff & employees: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you